Amazing things about the human body
Your body is the most amazing machine ever built! The human body is highly adaptive, more so than any robot or computer will ever be. No man-made systems can be compared to human body in its inherent complexity and perfection!
Here are some amazing facts about the human body that you may find interesting:
* You lose around 50 to 100 hairs from your head everyday, but they are replaced that same day.
* An average human has 100, 000 hairs on their head.
* The air from a cough can reach the speed of 60 mph.
* The air from a sneeze can reach the speed of 100 mph.
* An average person drinks around 16,000 gallons of water in his lifetime.
* A nail takes around 6 months to grow from base to the tip.
* Around 45 miles of nerves run through our body. These electric impulses travel at a speed of almost 250 mph!
* Babies have 94 more bones than an adult, in total 300 bones.
* An average human blinks 25 times a minute, that's over 6,205,000 times a year!
* By the age of 70, your heart will have beat 2.5 billion times and pumped around 48,000,000 gallons of blood.
* In a tiny drop of water, there are 5 million red blood cells, 10.000 white cells and 300.000 platelets.
* A square of human skin contains 20 feet of blood vessels, 1,300 nerve cells, 100 sweat glands and 3 million cells.
* The average human body contains enough: Sulphur to kill all fleas on an average dog, Carbon to make 900 pencils, Potassium to fire a toy cannon, Fat to make 7 bars of soap, Phosphorus to make 2,200 match heads, and enough Water to fill a ten gallon tank.
* The microorganisms that live in and on your body make up 10% of your body weight (dried, without water).
* You produce a quart of saliva daily – 10,000 gallons in a lifetime.
* A square of human skin has 32 million bacteria on it!
* Each second 10,000,000 cells die and are replaced in your body.
* You create new skin every month and a new skeleton every 3 months!
* Ears and nose don't stop growing during your entire lifetime!
* The liver is the body's chemical factory. It has over 500 functions!
* You lose 600,000 particles of skin every hour. This equals 1.5 pounds a year!
* You spend one third of your lifetime sleeping -- 20 Years in an average lifetime!