Chicago Detoxification - Eight steps to detoxification
The human body is exposed to toxins on a daily basis. Toxin buildup has been named as the cause in a wide variety of diseases and illnesses. Toxin accumulation has also been linked to accelerated aging.
There are many different symptoms for excess toxin buildup. Some people experience frequent headaches, weight gain, constipation, skin problems etc. Some of these problems can be due to a diet high in saturated fats, environmental pollution and a stressful lifestyle. All of these, in turn, build up toxic levels of certain substances within your body.
These factors should be corrected. Non-healthy living has inadvertently contributed to a toxin build-up in your body. If you would like to cleanse your body through a detox program, there are many options.
Oral detox options
These are obviously much easier options that do not involve anything like a colonic. These oral agents are much safer and much easier. Some people, are you that these are more effective.
Colonic detox option
Colonic detoxification should definitely be performed under the supervision of a licensed physician. These can be very dangerous, so be very careful! The Chicago Center for Anti-Aging does not recommend this detoxification option. However, before you plunge right into just any cleansing detoxification technique, here are some general tips that you should first consider:
1. Start with a cleansing technique that is not too drastic or extreme for your present condition.
2. However, do not choose a technique that is too mild and would therefore be pretty ineffective. You can always start with a gentle cleansing program but build it up gradually.
3. If you are a female, do not detoxify when you are pregnant or having your period.
4. Always budget enough time for the detox cleansing process to take place. For instance, in a bowel cleanse, you may have to allow about 4 hours for purging to take place.
5. Do not rush into a cleansing technique. As in the above example, during the 4 hours, plan to take things slowly. No heavy tasks! Be near a toilet if necessary.
6. Before starting on cleansing, make sure you go through all instructions and have all the foods necessary for your detoxification. You don't want to have to rush out to the supermarket in the middle of a cleanse.
7. Very importantly, decide with your health practitioner the order in which you should cleanse your body. Cleansing of the different parts of the body can include colon cleansing, liver cleansing, kidney cleansing, lung cleansing and skin cleansing. The right order will result in a more effective and complete detoxification for your body.