Am I a good candidate for Chicago eyelid surgery?
Any one or combination of the following conditions may indicate that you are a good candidate for eyelid surgery:
- Excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- Loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids, perhaps impairing vision
- A puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, making the eyes look tired
- Excess skin and fine, crepey wrinkles of the lower eyelids
- Bags and dark circles under the eyes, often with a depression along the bony border of the lower eyelids
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids,showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye)
Aesthetic eyelid surgery can usually correct these problems, though other treatments may also need to be considered. For example, if the upper eyelid condition is accompanied by sagging of the eyebrows, then a forehead lift may be recommended. Smoothing of crow's feet may require chemical peeling or laser resurfacing procedures. Circles beneath the eyes caused by dark pigmentation may be treated with a bleaching solution or chemical peel. Your plastic surgeon can provide further information if you have an interest in any of these additional procedures.