There are many keys to keep aging "in check." Along with proper nutrition, drinking plenty of water, hormone replacement and the multitude of "preventive treatments" that are recommended, one of the most beneficial habits you can start is exercise. Exercise helps you feel more energetic, maintain higher levels of HGH, and you feel healthy. Make exercise a habit and you will never regret it! The ultimate human growth hormone therapy includes exercise. The greatest anti-aging health tip for anyone is to get regular exercise, even as simple as a daily 10 minute walk. This helps to promote the body's natural hormonal function. Human growth hormone injections and anti-aging hormone supplements will change your metabolism, but body fat will continue to leach the precious human growth hormone from your system unless exercise is combined with your anti-aging treatments.
The benefits of habitual exercise include:
The importance of a good work out cannot be overemphasized. There are many different approaches but the keys are consistency, frequency and repetition. It's okay to miss a workout or take a week off when you feel your workouts are not productive and your muscles are fatigued. Another trick is to just change your routine - change the exercises you do or just the order. A lifetime of exercise is one of the nicest things you can do for your body. You deserve it!
Links of Interest
http://www.afpafitness.com/ (American Fitness Professionals & Associates)
http://www.afaa.com/ (The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America)
DON'T FORGET TO ALWAYS DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!
Things you really need to know about water:
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
How does Physical Exercise Impact my Health?
Regular physical activities performed 3-4 times a week on a regular basis does more than help you feel and look good. Here are some ways to motivate you to exercise more:
What if I don’t have time to exercise?
In this day and age, everyone should make it a point to exercise, even if it’s only for a short amount of time. 30 minutes a day is all anyone really needs to help their heart and improve their disposition. New research from the Journal of the American College of Nutrition indicates that several short bouts of exercise can provide the fitness and weight loss benefits as a continuous longer session. Women who exercised in 10, 15, or 30 minute sessions experienced the same increase in oxygen intake and decrease in weight, versus women who never exercised at all.
Journal of the American College of Nutrition October 2001;20(5):491-501. (Abs.)
With Americans at the highest rate for Obesity in the world, now is the time to dedicate your health and knowledge to some exercise daily. All you really need is 10 minutes of brisk walking 3 – 4 times a week and your health risks are minimized.
Otherwise, you could be part of these statistics: